Saturday, February 13, 2010

Oh Sister


Ten pounds is hard to lose.  Since I've been pregnant for five years I have gained and lost hundreds of pounds and 13 months after birthing my last baby all I have is ten more pounds to go.  But I don't think it wants to go away.  No, its settled here on my lap and I think it's made itself at home.  Now I know.... I could go to the gym....not.  I could eat right.  That would mean preparting an entirely different meal other than the one my family is eating, which is by the way, not exactly healthy.  Dinner is homemade, wholesome food, but prepared for the man who digs postholes for a living, mind you.

Losing ten pounds will mean shifting my priorities.  I will have to...ugh....exercise.  So now I can for the one hour a day that I have for myself (I don't have an hour, but I will find one) exercise instead of taking a shower, doing a bible study, checking my email, updating this sorry excuse for a blog, or heaven forbid - taking a nap.  I will have to do this before the snacks come out and that will be soon.

Will I be in a bikini in time for summer around the stock tank?  I don't know, but I'll keep you posted.  In the meantime, I have a lot of sisters out in the pasture who feel me.

1 comment:

Karin Katherine said...

You will get there. Do not worry. As soon as that baby gets busier he/she will help you run off the last of the lbs. Always worked for me!